Sunday, June 26, 2011

Well, we did it. After 9 days working in the basement the house is now on the market. Pat and Carol want to sell and move to Medfort Oregon area. Albany averages around 45 inches of rain per year, where Medfort is around 15. They are tired of the clouds and rain. For those who don't know I have known Pat since 1961. Next to my sister he is the person I have known the longest. He and I were in grammar school together, then high school. Wednesday we took a day off and drove to the coast. We went to Newport to sight see and look for our next rv park. We are moving there about the 6th of July. The Oregon coast is beautiful and I will be posting more on the area later. We were surprised that the rv parks didn't have any spaces for us to stay a month. A few had spaces for a week. We went to 4 or 5 parks and nothing was available. Plus their monthly rate was averaging $780 plus electricity per month. Holy $#@*!!! The weekly rate was about $200 per week. So we went 12 miles south to Waldport and found a place and they are $400 per month. So it looks like we will become Waldportains. Weather has improved the past few days, sunny and warm, around 80. The forecast for the week is mid to high 70's. Perfect weather. Pepper got a haircut and is doing ok. She trips and falls but has her good days. Oh, today is Sunday but tomorrow I go back to work. Pat has a list of projects. I am beginning to think he is going to work me so hard I won't come back. I keep threatening to hook-up the trailer and leave in the middle of the night. It is funny, I was in Yuma a few months ago and did some drywall work for a friend, then move north to Albany and did drywall work. I am scared to head east, Jackie and I have a lot of relatives that direction.




No comments:

Post a Comment