Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Orleans French Quarter

We got to the French Quarter and it was a little warm. So I asked a local, "Where can I get a huge ass beer?" And he said "Just around the corner from that cute ass woman". One of the reasons we go into a bar besides the obvious is you can walk into a cafe and spend $3-$4 dollars on a coffee or something and the waiter doesn't have time to talk. But in most bars you can get a lot of information and meet some of the locals. Heck even once in a while a hug from the bartender. We went to the French Quarter and French Market several times. It is a blast there! We think the best part of our visit there is just walking the streets and taking in all of the old buildings and history of the area. As with most of these type of places is they a lot of shops selling tourist things. Tee shirts, nick-nacks and junk that you can get at any k-mart. We took a trolley ride and got to see some of the town that you can't see just walking. I had bought 3 New Orleans Saints tee shirts in Baton Rouge for $15. I was wearing one and people were coming up and saying they are fans of the Saints and giving me thumbs up. I told them I wasn't a fan of the Saints, just a fan of cheap tee shirts. A few hours later we were walking down the riverwalk and someone yelled, "Hey cheap shirt". They had over heard me telling someone about the tee shirt. We cracked up that many blocks way from where I had said it there were someone who was there. We moved to Biloxi today. Have more New Orleans pics coming.






No comments:

Post a Comment